1. A wireless client is attempting to establish a connection with a wireless access point. What process does the client use to discover the access points which are available to it?
2. Refer to the exhibit. Each switch is shown with its MAC address. Which switch will be elected as the spanning-tree root bridge if the switches are configured with their default priority values?
3. Refer to the exhibit. Which two switch interfaces would be RSTP edge ports? (Choose two.)
switch S3, Fa0/5
switch S4, Fa0/2
4. What is a function or characteristic of the native VLAN?
It is the VLAN that supports untagged traffic on an 802.1Q trunk.
5. A network administrator must purchase new access layer switches to deploy across an existing hierarchical network that supports voice and data traffic. At a minimum, which two features should the new access layer switches support? (Choose two.)
6. Which combination is required to establish a connection to initially configure the Linksys WRT300N wireless access device?
a computer configured in the same IP subnet as the WRT300N and a direct cable connection to it
7. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has segmented the network into two VLANs and configured Router1 for inter-VLAN routing. A test of the network, however, shows that hosts on each VLAN can only access local resources and not resources on the other VLAN. What is the most likely cause of this problem?
Switch port Fa0/1 is not trunking.
8. Refer to the exhibit. SW-T has been configured with a single trunking interface. Which VLANs will be allowed across the trunk?
All configured VLANs will be allowed across the trunk.
9. Refer to the exhibit. Hosts B and C attempt to transmit a frame at the same time, but a collision occurs. Which hosts will receive the collision jamming signal?
only hosts A, B, and C
10. Refer to the exhibit. The switch VTY lines have been properly configured, but PC1 is unable to remotely manage the switch. How can this problem be resolved?
Configure a default gateway on the switch.
11. Refer to the exhibit. R1 is configured for traditional inter-VLAN routing. R1 can ping computer 3 but cannot ping computer 1. What is a possible cause for this failure?
S1 port Fa0/11 is in the wrong VLAN.
12. Refer to the exhibit. All hosts are in listen mode. Host 1 and Host 4 both transmit data at the same time. How do the hosts respond on the network? (Choose two.)
After the end of the jam signal, a backoff algorithm is invoked.
If a host has data to transmit after the backoff period of that host, the host checks to determine if the line is idle before transmitting.
13. Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator is planning five additional VLANs to be shared throughout the VTP domain on S3. What action should the administrator take before creating the additional VLANs?
Create the VLANs on a switch in VTP server mode and allow them to propogate to the other switches in the domain.
14. Refer to the exhibit. Which two settings show the default value of VTP configuration on a Cisco 2960 switch? (Choose two.)
15. An administrator is troubleshooting a PC on the network which is suffering from slow and intermittent connectivity. The PC has a ping success rate to the default gateway of less than half the ping attempts. Other PCs on the switch can consistently ping the default gateway. The switch port is configured for auto duplex and the PC is configured for full duplex. What will commonly cause this problem?
The PC is set to full duplex. The switch port fails to autonegotiate the duplex setting and defaults to half duplex, which causes a duplex mismatch.
16. Refer to the exhibit. What does the term DYNAMIC indicate in the output that is shown?
The switch learned this MAC address from the source address in a frame received on Fa0/18.
17. Which switching method provides error-free data transmission?
18. Which wireless topology supports roaming from one access point to another?
19. Which value determines if a switch becomes the central point of reference in the spanning tree topology?
lowest bridge ID
20. Refer to the exhibit. The broadcast traffic from PC1 is consuming bandwidth on the interswitch trunks. What should be done to prevent this from happening?
Enable pruning for VLAN10 on the VTP server.
21. Refer to the exhibit. What happens when a frame from a source MAC address different from 00a8.d2e4.ba27 reaches switch port 0/5?
The frame is dropped.
22. A wireless access point is configured for WPA2. Which encryption algorithm will all devices that connect to the access point be required to use?
23. Where is the information of newly created VLANs stored on a switch?
24. Refer to the exhibit. The configuration steps that are listed in the exhibit have been entered in switch S1 via the console. Subsequent attempts to telnet to the switch are not successful. What is causing the problem?
The transport input command must specify Telnet access.
25. Refer to the exhibit. A new host needs to be connected to VLAN 1. Which IP address should be assigned to this new host?
26. Refer to the exhibit. A new switch, SW3, has been added to the network. The network administrator determines that VLAN information is not propagating to SW3. Which command will remedy the problem?
SW3(config)# vtp domain Cisco1
27. Which STP port type can only appear once on a segment, and must be present in order for traffic to flow on that segment?
28. What is one disadvantage that 802.11a wireless has compared to 802.11g?
The use of higher frequencies means that signals are more likely to be obstructed.
29. Why is MAC address filtering considered a poor choice in securing a WLAN?
MAC addresses are easily spoofed.
30. What is the purpose of the Spanning Tree algorithm?
It prevents loops in a switched network with redundant paths.
31. What are two benefits of a hierarchical network model over a flat network design? (Choose two.)
increased network availability
simplification of management and troubleshooting
32. What is the purpose of VLAN trunking?
It carries the traffic of multiple VLANs through a single link.
33. Which two statements describe the operation of an access layer Ethernet switch? (Choose two.)
The source MAC address within a frame is used by the switch to associate a port with that MAC address.
Frames are directed by the switch from one port to another based on the destination MAC address within the frame.
34. Which two types of traffic are always transmitted as untagged frames? (Choose two.)
traffic that is assigned to the native VLAN
traffic that is leaving an access mode port that is connected to another switch
35. Refer to the exhibit. Users A and B are reporting intermittent connectivity problems. Pre-installation surveys showed strong signal strength from the AP locations to the client locations. Outside electrical interference has been eliminated. What will fix the problem?
Change the channel on AP-B to 6 or 11.
36. Which statement correctly describes a function of a Layer 2 switch?
It uses the destination MAC address to selectively forward a frame.
37. Refer to the exhibit. The Layer 2 switching design that is shown has been implemented in a campus environment that is using Spanning Tree Protocol. All inter-switch links that are shown are trunks. Whenever an inter-switch link fails, the network takes nearly a minute to completely converge. How can the convergence time be reduced?
Implement Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol.
38. Refer to the exhibit. Hosts that are connected to switch SW1 are not able to communicate with hosts in the same VLAN that are connected to switch SW2. What should be done to fix the problem?
Reconfigure the fa0/1 interface on switch SW1 with a static trunk configuration.
39. Refer to the exhibit. Both switches are interconnected via a trunk link. Host A and host B are on the default VLAN but are not able to exchange traffic. What should be done to fix the problem?
Configure the same native VLAN on both ends of the trunk.
40. Refer to the exhibit. What is the maximum number of VLANs that can be deleted from the Switch as it is configured?
41. Refer to the exhibit. Which two statements are true about the operation of the interfaces? (Choose two.)
Incoming traffic with VLAN ID 0 is processed by interface fa0/0.
Traffic inbound on this router is processed by different subinterfaces, depending on the VLAN from which the traffic originated.
42. What is the benefit of the auto-MDIX feature on a Cisco Catalyst switch?
allows the use of straight-through patch cables regardless of connected device types
43. A network technician is attempting to configure 802.1q trunking on switch ports Fa0/5 through Fa0/10. Which set of commands will accomplish this task?
Answer Option 2.
44. What can an administrator do to ensure that a specific switch will win a root election if all switches are set to their default configurations?
Set the bridge priority to 16384.
45. Why is it advisable that a network administrator use SSH instead of Telnet when managing switches?
SSH encrypts all remote management communications whereas Telnet does not.
46. What will be the effect of the command S1# copy system:running-config tftp://172.16.2.155/tokyo-config?
The running configuration file on S1 will be saved via TFTP to a file named tokyo-config.
47. What is the purpose of the switch command switchport access vlan 99?
to assign the port to a particular VLAN
48. Which Cisco switch feature is used to limit the number of valid MAC addresses that a switch associates with a switchport?
49. Refer to the exhibit. The devices in the network are operational and configured as indicated in the exhibit. However, hosts B and D cannot ping each other. What is the most likely cause of this problem?
Hosts B and D are configured with IP addresses from different subnets.
50. Which two statements describe VTP transparent mode operation? (Choose two.)
Transparent mode switches can add VLANs of local significance only.
Transparent mode switches pass any VLAN management information that they receive to other switches.
51. RSTP is enabled in a switched network that is active and converged. Which switch port type assumes a discarding state on non-root switches?
52. The network administrator wants to configure a switch to pass VLAN update information to other switches in the domain but not update its own local VLAN database. Which two steps should the administrator perform to achieve this? (Choose two.)
Configure the VTP mode of the switch to transparent.
Configure the switch with the same VTP domain name as other switches in the network.
CCNA 3 Final Exam Answer